Friday, May 11, 2012

The Friday Five: True Confessions of an Average Gal


How did it get to be Friday already?!  I went out of town for a few days of family business, worked two whole days, met next year’s kindergarten class, and called it a week!

So here I am again at the Friday Confessional, which will now be The Friday Five…because last week I learned that ten was too much!

1.  I only worked out twice this week and I’m feeling really guilty about it.  I can't really count walking alongside of a four year old as she rode her trike, but believe me, I encouraged her to keep going...maybe a bit longer than she would've liked.  Sorry, Ava!
Oh well, there are still three days left…

2.  I found a swimming suit that FITS!  Hallelujah!  That’s really outstanding news, but what I realized, though, is that I really didn’t even take time to see if it’s remotely flattering.  All I know is that it pulled up all the way (over my apparently, freakishly long torso!) so that’s where my observation stopped.  Perhaps I’m not so ego-based that I’m worrying about how I look in a swimming suit.  I didn’t even turn around in the dressing room to check out the butt-horror!  Maybe this is a sign of maturity.  What’s more likely though is that it’s just a sign of pure laziness!
This is the type of suit I would really prefer!

          


    3.  After several days out of town and a couple long car trips, I feel the need for a major colon cleanse!  Why is it that spending six hours sitting on my butt in the car makes me feel like I should be in constant snack mode?  On the drive home, I had two lattes, a box of Red Vines, a snack sized bag of Gardetto’s, and an 8 oz. bottle of water.  I should’ve had a V-8!  What’s done is done.  I can only reclaim my colon and start over.





           4.  I’m getting really excited for my second turn at being a Foodie Pen Pal!  I was able to shop for mine at Saturday Market, and World Market while I was in Eugene, so I have some really fun stuff to send.  I also can’t wait to receive a foodie box in the mail!  This is so fun!   (I address this in my other blog.  If you’re curious, visit thekitchenrefugee.blogspot.com, and look at the April Foodie Pen Pal Reveal.)

5.   As the school year winds to a close, I know how much marathon work there is ahead of me this summer.  I am determined to keep it fun, playful, and varied.  Even if I’m walking or swimming, I know it’s all adding to my fitness level and using different muscles. I’ll get ‘er done a mile at a time!

Stay tuned – I have a Drawing for Donors in the works, and there are some fun prizes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment