Friday, July 6, 2012

Running On Empty


As you may (or may not) have noticed, I’ve been absent from my blog.  I’m feeling sort of absent from my life right now, as the transition from school-year work to summer-work has shaken up my schedule.  My beer-man hubs is up at the butt crack of dawn to make sure the tri-county area is able to toss back a cold one with their summer BBQ’s.  Once he’s up, I’m up – whether it’s 3:30 or 6:00.  So…the days drag on.

In our personal lives we’ve lost two friends, Riki Anderson and Chris Fox Kohl.  I have a school family whose lives are in peril – with two children in a hospital – one waiting for a heart transplant, the other on a pacemaker (Lindsey & Gage Bingham).  All their children have the same heart abnormality, and most likely all of them will require heart transplants.  I can’t imagine it, and it weighs heavily on my mind and my prayer life.

Our house sold in five days, which normally would be a really awesome thing…but now, as we search for housing closer to my work, we’re finding we don’t have much to choose from.  I keep telling myself the right thing will present itself – as it always does, but it still sort of nags at the back of my mind…Oh yeah, we may be homeless!

I know that running is a reducer of stress, but I’m not such a hard-core runner that it’s become that kind of habit.  I envy folks who run every day like clockwork.  I still have to talk myself into it every damn day – and lately, I’ve been a slacker.  I’m not worried about the upcoming marathon, although, perhaps I should be.  I know I can drag my sorry butt over the finish line if I have to, but I also know I have a few more months to prepare.  I also know that I’m gritty and stubborn and I will do it if it kills me…I just would prefer not to die from it – I have work to do! 

I know I would mentally feel better if I drug myself out every morning, but with low-grade depression it’s harder to leave the house.  My sweetie and I have been getting out in the hills, and encouraging each other to get back on track, step by painful step.

Oh – the drawing for donors has been extended.  I need MORE donors – even at a few bucks a go!  Right now, I have more prizes than donors, so I’m going figure out another way to market this thing.  You may see me outside of Safeway hawking raffle tickets, we’ll see.

So today I ran.  I’m in that sweaty afterglow that I must remember TOMORROW when it’s time to go again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment