Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mountain Valley Therapy Fun Run

I used to be one of those people who found the term fun run to be oxymoronic.  The two words just didn't seem to fit together.  My mother in law and I had that conversation just the other day.  She said no one can convince her that running is fun since runners all look like they're having an awful time.  I thought about that this morning.   I was having a great time.  Our valley is lovely and it was a perfect day for a run.  I don't know what my face conveyed, but I was happy on the inside.

Lilly and I after the run
Now that I've become a running convert, I have to say that I totally enjoy fun runs, even if I don't really socialize on them.  I'm not great about running with other people.  My running buddy has four legs and she's always available.  I don't have a training partner to get me out the door each day or to hold me accountable, but in the end, it's really my own responsibility.

Even though I participated in this fun run - which was in celebration of Mountain Valley Therapy's new athletic facility - I still ran with my dog and my ipod.  I must say, I do enjoy being in the vacinity of other runners, as I know we have that one thing in common.  I love seeing couples, sisters, friends, and families out enjoying the spring air, and not sitting at home in front of the tube.  I appreciate knowing I'm not alone in the quest for health, and that's what this fun run was celebrating - healthy choices in Union County.




I'm happy to report that Mountain Valley Therapy was packed for their open house!  I finished the run, ran Lilly home (to get in an extra 3 miles) and then came back with my camera.  The pool is lovely, and the room is WARM!  I hate being wet and cold!  The locker rooms are awesome, and the workout equipment is amazing.
A nod to our aquatic friends!


The suspension room has me captivated!  I want to know about this!
Congratulations to Mountain Valley Therapy!  Your community loves you!



No comments:

Post a Comment